Friday, February 19, 2010

Cheap plastic/Well designed too!

A few years ago, I replaced my cheap plastic colander with a classic metal one, while it is attractive, I never use it. It is clunky, heavy and awkward to use. Now the old cheap plastic one is so beat up that I am afraid that it harbors germs. In my recent trip to Target, I found a solution - another cheap plastic one that also happens to be beautiful.

It really doesn't take that much to delight me and I found this simple threesome of colanders designed by
Michael Graves to be just delightful. There are truly few things these days that are this inexpensive, functional and attractive at the same time. As I have said before, companies that I have worked for in the past do not believe in making inexpensive things beautiful. Seeing this on my counter is a simple pleasure that puts a smile on my face, and anyone involved with interior finish products would do well to ask themselves: Do my products put a smile on my customers' faces?


Of course, it could just be that in the dead of the New England winter, the fresh grass green makes me think of spring and warmer weather hopefully to come soon.

No comments: