Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Brand APPLE in the BIG APPLE

It has been entirely too long since I have posted, both busy and uninspired by what I have seen around. The world, however is moving along at record pace - I finally saw the APPLE store on 5th Avenue, but rather than report what I saw, here is an article that will share the wisdom of these marvelous stores. The article shares how APPLE stores generate more than $4000/sf compared to Neiman Marcus' $600/sf.

Yes, New York in the springtime inspires. So much to see! Soho teaches us how Italian modern can comfortably take on American sensibilities and the Ed Hardy store in the gritty Meat Packing District how street style becomes not just mainstream - but luxe. Printed tattoo designs on t-shirts with a gold signature by the artist take the concept to an entirely different place than engraving the skin for life.

I was particularly impressed with the sales person in a clothing store that could make his nose piercing disappear when I expressed the slightest bit of dismay. Isn't it a wonderfull time to be alive!










No comments: